Edmonton River Valley & Canoe Discovery Tour
Enjoy a truly unique adventure that can only be experienced in Edmonton’s world famous River Valley. Enjoy a breathtaking 5 to 6 hour canoe trip from Devon to Sir Wilfrid Laurier Park.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Enjoy a truly unique adventure that can only be experienced in Edmonton’s world famous River Valley. Beginning with a breathtaking 5 to 6 hour canoe trip from Devon to Sir Wilfred Laurier Park showcasing the exposed geologic story of millions of years and the untold local Indigenous history spanning over the last 10,000 years. During our lunch stop on Big Island, we will take a short nature hike through an old growth forest and you will find yourself truly one with nature.
If canoeing isn’t your style and you like to enjoy nature on foot, ask us about our nature walk along the River Valley. Click Here.
- Van transportation from Sir Wilfred Laurier Park to Devon.
- Guided Tour with Geology, Physical Geography, and Alberta History
- Canoe with paddles and life jackets.
- Meals are not provided
It is going to be a fun filled day and we will be on the water for 5 to 6 hours so start the day out right with a hearty breakfast before leaving home.
- Dress for the weather and in layers
- Light coloured hat
- Sturdy sandals for on the river and hiking boots for the trail (possible muddy conditions)
- Bring your own lunch and a small cooler to share
- Bug spray
- Water bottle
- Camera & Ziplock bag