Nordegg Discovery Tour
Guide For Hire
Do you want to rediscover the unforgettable serenity? Join us for a fabulous adventure inside the hidden gem of the Nordegg region.
This tour is perfect for groups (family, academic field trip, business retreat, etc.)
Tour Type:Discovery, Family, Hiking, Indigenous Content, Wildlife
Activity Level Challenging
Do you want to rediscovery the unforgettable serenity of the same area David Thompson explored and mapped? Join us for a fabulous adventure inside the hidden gem of the Nordegg region, which offers nearly the same views and atmosphere of Jasper or Banff–without the park fees and crowds. In addition to alpine hiking and Indigenous storytelling, we will be visiting a deep cut canyon, a suspension bridge, waterfalls, and even do some fossil collecting. You also have the opportunity to hire a local helicopter company, at an extra cost, to take you up and away and then land on rare glorious geological wonders that only a handful of people have ever laid eyes on. Price includes van transportation from Edmonton, guided tour, and hotel accommodations for two (double occupancy). It will cost $50 more for only one to a room.
This tour is recommended for groups (family, academic, business, etc).
- Van transportation from Edmonton, Alberta to Nordegg, Alberta.
- Guided Tour with Geology, Physical Geography, and Alberta History
- Hotel accommodations for two (double occupancy).
Please note: It will cost $50 more for only one to a room.
- Meals. Please bring/buy breakfast. Lunch and Dinner stops will be made during the tour.
- Helicopter Tours available, but not included in the tour price
Prepare for this discovery tour with a hearty breakfast before leaving home.
- Pack for two full days including swimwear
- Dress for the weather and in layers
- Sturdy shoes or hiking boots for the trails (possible muddy conditions)
- Bring some snacks (community cooler will be available)
- Bug spray
- Water bottle
- Camera & Ziplock bag